1) The fact that I'm well into the third week of my new job and I (still) haven't yanked the hairs out of my head.
2) The French refer to Twilight as Toilette (toilet).
3) Totally awesome co-workers (and one of them isn't too bad-looking, either).
4) Totally awesome (if chatty and, at times, misbehaved) middle school and high school students.
5) Browsing new textbooks for lesson ideas and developing classes with my personal flare.
6) How head-shaking crazy teaching in France is in terms of administrative procedures.
7) French food.
8) This needs to be said again: FRENCH FOOD.
9) Stroking staunch branches of lavender and having its fragrance linger on my fingertips.
10) Receiving two packages from Mom that contained books, clothes, Cuban coffee and an American flag...on September 11.
11) Having my very own maple tree.
Seriously. Here it is:
(It still needs a name. Any suggestions?)
12) Finding out that a dear friend of mine and her husband are expecting their first child. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for an hour.
13) Hearing "We finally installed wi-fi in your building." Oh, HALLELUJAH, heck yes.
14) Horses. Lots and lots of horses.
'Kay. Now I gotta get back to grading papers.
Barb the French Bean