Thursday, June 24, 2010

Musturbation?!

This Post is not perverted AT ALL.

Being a Psch. major is very interesting, especially when you start learning new terminology. Even though we do get a lot of reading assignments and can be very tedious, you will always find something odd.

Like always, I was in class ready for another lecture about some crazy theorist with a bad upbringing. At times, I tend to space out, but only when my professor goes on and on about a certain theorist, who is actually normal.












As I was musing about going to my kick-boxing class, I suddenly heard the word "Musturbation".
Bewildered by what my professor had said, I started to crack up in silence only to later be joined by my classmates.














"Did you mean masturbation?" asked one of the students, as everyone kept laughing. "No, I said musturbation," said my professor amused by everyone's reaction.

The professor started to explain that musturbation was a word that Albert Ellis, the founder of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, would use to refer to someone who has a destructive idea that their needs and expectations MUST be met.

Well after I got out of that class, I decided to use the new word.

Of course, since not everyone is going to get the humor of it, I decided to explain it to my roomate, and then try to use it around her.
















Even then, it still sounds wrong. No matter how many times I explain it.

- Hanny The Coffee Bean

7 comments:

  1. Lol thanks for teaching me a new word I will never use :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a kick out of your graphics. Another hilarious post indeed.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaky word! No way I could use it around here though... I hope you managed to try it out on a few more people! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post. THIS.

    Instant follow.

    But you must remove word verification!!
    Top 3 Things Well-Meaning Bloggers Do That Drive Readers Nuts
    (please do, I really want to comment on this blog again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following us!! :D and I will see if I talk to my partner-in-crime to see if we remove the word verification.

      -Hanny

      Delete
  5. I believe that expressing my feelings helps me to stay more connected to my partner. A relationship must be built on mutual respect, honesty, compassion and genuine communication. I saw beyond outward looks in my partner and respected him a lot that I never gave any other man the privilege to get a chance with me, but my boyfriend on the other hand was so selfish and had so much desire to jump on any thing in skirt, he cheated on me, manipulated me, lied to my face and disrespected our union. Thanks to the Software professional hacker that helped me with the hacking service that gained me remote access to his phone activities, and exposed his cheating ass. If you need a hacker to assist you with any hacking service, kindly reach out to this Software Genius at 'hackingloop6@ gmail .com, also reachable on WhatsApp + 1(484) 540 - 0785, you will be shock at how much fake people pretend to be real..

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb