2) Celebrated my 23rd birthday in France.
3) Spent 1 week travelling around Italy (Venice and Rome) where I bought two Italian espresso pots.
4) Fell madly in love with a Frenchman
5) Had heart broken by said Frenchman (a.k.a. Loser Ex-Boyfriend).
6) Left Dijon in tears.
7) Went to Paris to take a CDG-MIA flight back to mosquito-and-humidity ridden Miami.
8) Spent a month wallowing in depressive uncertainty/seriously questioned the meaning of life and wondered how I was going to pay my bills with my English and American Literature B.A. if I remained unemployed.
9) With the help of my partner-in-crime, Coffee Bean, started this blog not knowing what would happen or the crazy stories I would write or the new friends we would make over the internet.
10) Received the news that I would be going back to Dijon. Cried tears of joy.
11) Attended my friend's wedding. Gave me hope in the possibility of love.
12) Had positive outlook on life once again and went to the beach with friends.
13) Became determined that the life goal is to be hotter than Shakira. Started losing weight.
14) Went back to France on a MIA-CDG flight.
15) Met the new group of English and American teaching assistants and bonded with them.
16) Met up with Loser Ex-Boyfriend. Decided he was never worth my time.
17) Went on a treacherous hiking trip.
18) Took the TEF exam and passed with a niveau B2!
19) Celebrated first Thanksgiving in France.
20) Became interested in a Frenchman who could potentially become a boyfriend.
21) Went on a one-day trip to Lyon.
22) Went on a one-day trip to Paris.
23) Spent my second French Christmas in the South of France.
24) Lost 20 kilos.
25) Gained back 2 kilos during the month of December (rats).
26) Lost 500 grams of the pesky rogue kilos.
Total weight loss: 18,5 kilos
Number of Loser Ex-Boyfriends: 1
Number of entire wine bottles drunk: 8 (no correlation to Loser Ex-Boyfriend)
Number of entire cheeses eaten: 8
Number of baguettes/breads consumed (since return to France): 8
Number of croissants scarfed down (since return to France): 7
Number of steps taken in Dijon: Far too many to count
Total number of potential boyfriends: 1 (maybe...)
I wonder what 2011 will have in store for me!
In any case, my immediate future goals are to enroll in a French university so I can continue my studies to pursue a Masters degree and to hopefully find a new stable job within the next 3 months, one that will help me remain in France.
As for tonight: I need to keep up with my New Year's Eve tradition of strolling around with a suitcase once midnight rings in. Just shortly into 2011, I will be walking around the neighborhood the middle of night pretending to go on a voyage. (I realize that I will look like a total idiot, but I do not question my mother's habits.)
This bizarre custom is in fact to bring the good luck for me to a bit within the year! Personally, I would love to travel either to London or Barcelona.
And this is what I'm planning to wear tonight! The red shawl was a Christmas gift I gave to myself (ha ha).