Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Literal Please With A Cherry On Top (a.k.a. I Need Your Help...Again!)

Hey, all!

I'm calling on you to help me out once again with something. Rather, it's not for me, but if you and your friends helped out, it certainly would make a couple of people happy!

Fellow Blogger Heather Rose over at Desperate for Something is betrothed to her beau, Charming, and she is in the middle of tearing her hairs out planning for the wedding. However, as a way to make said fateful day a bit more enticingly bearable, she has submitted a charming photograph to a contest to win $20,000 for a dream wedding. 

As someone who likes to see other people be happy, I beseech all of you with a literal please with a cherry on top to vote for her!



The link to the contest page and her entry is this one: http://www.wpoc.com/cc-common/contests/photo_contest.php?image_id=260853&id=177469 .

(After you scroll down the page, you will be required to do some pain-in-the-rear-jumping-through-hoops tasks of registering and confirming your e-mail address, but that's pretty much customary in this day and age of internet stuff. Oh, and if you happen to be outside of the U.S., know that I don't necessarily condone fibbing, but feel free to use 33175 as the Zip Code so you can pretend to be from Miami, please pass on the word to your Ameri-pals. We don't want any fraudulent votes. :P)

The best part is that you can vote daily!!! (Wink, wink, nudge-nudge, folks.)

And in case literal pleases with a cherry on top aren't your thing...well, then, do it for the Freshly-Baked Cartoon Cookies. Voting for Heather Rose will make the Cookies feel all happy and feel like throwing a party.


Don't let the Cartoon Party Cookies (and, by extension, their baker) down.

And while you're at it, check out Heather's blog. You'll find her encounters with TSA agents to be cringe-worthily hilarious!

**UPDATE**

While Heather Rose's photo was easily the most creative of the contest, it unfortunately didn't make it to the top ten of the voting rank. Which sucks because she should have totally won.

I thank all of you for your help in participating with the contest! I'm grateful for it. :)

Barb the French Bean

14 comments:

  1. Well good luck to her :) I love the please and the cookies. I must obey them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I hope your friend wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet that you're trying to help out a friend. Hope she wins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post for a friend. I'm going to vote now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend owes me bigtime, she is taking me too for her honeymoon, I voted after the painful process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you, Barb, and thanks everyone who has voted! If we win, you're all invited*! <3

    *This is probably not a true statement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all of your help, everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted, but I used Abraham Fungus Jr.'s e-mail account. I hope he does not get too mad at me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, I am digging the dancing cookies!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll keep on voting.
    Those cookies look so good.

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb