To most 2011 was an incredible year and to others it was just as bad as 2010. To me, however, it was the year of learning.
I didn't think much as to what 2011 was going to be for me, all I knew was that my resolution for 2011 was going to be the year to lose weight, get rid of sadness, get a new job and make myself a better person. Well at the start of 2011, I did lose weight, surrounded myself with friends, but the sadness was still there.
In 2011, the things I was working hard for paid off. I had it all- a great job, great friends, great lifestyle, great classes, great family, a healthier me and a semi-good boyfriend. As the year went on, I lost a few things on the way.
Even through some tough situations, I have made it out alive and as time passes, my maturity level grows.
Things I've learned:
1) Not to jump from guy to guy until I am fully healed from a past relationship.
2) To communicate my wants and needs and stop speaking caveman.
3) To focus on me and stop worrying about everyone else so much.
4) To appreciate every great moment in my life.
5) Ben & Jerry's will get me even more depressed, especially when i see my expanding waistline.
6) Crying is never the solution.
7) Things truly do happen for a reason and soon it will all start making sense.
8) Never give up being who you are for someone else because that someone else liked you for well...you.
I learned a lot more, I even had an end of the year epiphany, but that's a whole other story.
My 2011 Stats:
(I would have more stats like how many times I've partied, drank, went to school and what not, but I lost track of all that.)
My 2011 is not ending on the strongest note, but I am confident that 2012 will bring me great things and that with everything I learned this 2011, I will be ready for whatever comes my way in 2012.
So with that said I wish you all an amazing 2012!!! And remember that things DO happen for a reason.
Here's a sneak peek as to what I'll be talking about in my future posts:
It was so windy, my side bang got on my face when this shot was taken.
Hanny the coffee bean