1) Celebrated the New Year in Dijon and went soldes shopping. Acquired new dresses.
2) Went on a snowshoe hike in the Hautes Alpes with my French BFF Mimi.
3) Became an addict to Speculoos.
4) Celebrated 24th birthday. Co-workers gave me a nice birthday/going-away party.
5) Didn't want to leave France so tried to look for a job. Had three interviews; didn't get a job.
6) The post as a teaching assistant ended for good.
8) Went back to France for two weeks.
9) Had to leave France. Specifically, Dijon. Fell at the top of an escalator at the RER stop near the Orly airport (which took off a good chunk of skin from my right knee). Flew from Paris to Berlin, then Berlin to Miami. Have a nice scar from the fond memories of Paris's grand good-bye to me.
10) Went back to Miami.
12) Went back to Miami.
13) Got depressed. Started emotionally binging on chocolate, chips and ice cream.
14) Went back to Orlando.
15) Started dating Cool Guy.
16) Went back to Miami.
17) Started long-distance relationship with Cool Guy.
18) Got depressed. Started emotionally binging on burgers, fries and shakes.
19) Started writing a novel.
20) Went back to Orlando. Spent time with Coffee Bean and Cool Guy.
21) Went back to Miami. Discovered that local supermarkets sell Speculoos.
22) Tried to look for a job, to no avail.
23) Got depressed. Started emotionally binging on cheese, breads, speculoos, speculoos and more speculoos.
24) Surprised to discover that I gained twenty pounds. Felt utterly disgusted that most of my hardwork went down the drain (and straight to my thighs).
25) Learned how to bake bread...sort of.
26) Had Thanksgiving with family. Binged on turkey, eggnog and coquito (Puerto Rican eggnog).
27) Went to Orlando to visit Coffee Bean and Cool Guy.
28) Got offered a job (via the internet) to be the Minister of Transport for Holland.
29) Broke up with Cool Guy.
30) Went back to Miami. Started eating salads and cucumbers.
31) Celebrated Christmas with the family.
32) I'm pretty much bored out of my mind.
Total number of Ex-boyfriends: 1
Total number of hours spent whining about wanting to go back to France: approximately 450 hours (and counting)
Total number of job interviews: 5
Total number of internet job offers: 1
Total number of real-world job offers: big, fat goose egg
Total number of pages written for novel: 184 (and counting)
Pounds that I need to lose: 45 (approx. 20,4 kilos)
All righty. Sorry that I didn't provide a nice cartoon with this blog post because, quite frankly, I'm just not up to it. Maybe I'll draw something later.
Nevermind. Here's a cartoon of a Kickass Ninja Squirrel.
So, dear readers, I wish you all a Bonne Année 2012! Here's to some more future blog posts!
Barb the French Bean