Tuesday, July 6, 2010

To Expand, or Not to Expand, That is the Question


As my last blog post mentioned, I have been testing out another blogging site. French and I have been trying to figure out if we should move this blog to the other site, or just use it to expand what we already have.


Do not get me wrong, we love blogger, but we also love what tumblr has to offer. It has been a very difficult choice, especially since we already have everything set up here, but tumblr seems to offer a bit more to our blogging needs.


So since we cannot decide if we should move or make a "Two Beans or Not Two Beans Part II blog", we have decided to ask you, our loyal readers, as to what you think we should do?


Should we move or expand?


Hanny the coffee bean

7 comments:

  1. I just started following you and you plan on leaving already? How about using both sites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend wordpress actually. Some of the standard widgets that are a part of blogger don't impress me. For example, few people seem to realize that the "follower" widget isn't very helpful. It's a static snapshot of people who at one time or another visited the blog. Gives no true analytics about whether people are coming back and reading the site, or how long they spend here. It's a red herring of a widget. Anyway, no matter what you pick, I'm sure you'll be off to a running start: You write good content!

    (As for real analytics, you would want to look into something like Google Analytics or SiteMeter).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd ask yourself if blogger is giving any problems. I left blogger (for wordpress which I also recommend) because I was having a lot of problems with it and found it kind of limiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay! I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not going to want to go to another website to read a blog I could easily read on the website I blog on. Yes, I am super lazy. Plus I enjoy Blogger, as I am very new to it still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say if you think the other site is better and you've encountered problems from Blogger, move. The blog wouldn't be the same if you "expanded"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your feedback. For now we shall be staying here :)

    -Coffee Bean

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb