Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yeah. It's That Bad.

WARNING: This post features a highly earwormable song. Proceed with extreme caution.


On Tuesday night, I watched the intellectually stimulating America's Got Talent. I never imagined that I would soon come to regret that decision.

One of the auditioners, a rather charming woman named Sponjetta Parrish, claimed to be a songwriter and performed something that she had composed. It turns out that she is not such an exceptional singer, nor that her song, "Studio," has the most profound lyrics; the buzzers inevitably sounded. Yet what I loved about her appearance was how the host, Nick Cannon, came to the rescue and started dancing to the song. The audience that first booed started laughing and dancing, encouraging the poor chanteuse. The judges were still unimpressed, however. But what counted was that Sponjetta was a good sport. That clip has been engraved forever into my brain.





You think that the moment would end there, right?


WRONG.


For the past day, "Studio" has been playing incessantly on repeat in my head. To make matters worse, it's only the line "I'll be in my studio, studio" that has caught on. Every activity that I've done has been punctuated by those words.


EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. THING. I. DO.




























Damn it, Howie Mandel. You were right. The song will stay stuck in my head for a very long time, and I hate that.




Lesson learned: I will read more books.



Barb the French Bean




Disclaimer: As the post states, Sponjetta Parrish is responsible for writing this song. (You don't think I wrote THAT, did you???) Oh, and the video isn't mine.

2 comments:

  1. Daft Punk. You just went up a level, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, but you know things are bad when Daft Punk can't drown out "Studio." :-P

    -French Bean

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb