Monday, November 21, 2011

I Heart You, Target...

...but you cannot SERIOUSLY expect me to ditch the first Thanksgiving I've celebrated with my family in over two years to go shopping at midnight on the very early morning of Black Friday.


You see, I have not been training and preparing for this day like the crazy blonde lady you've been showing in your ads since last year. You know, the one wearing a red track suit and doing bicep curls with loaded baskets of crap to buy.



Last year, the sales began at four a.m. Now, they will begin at midnight. Hasn't she been through enough already? If you ask me, I'd say that she needs help.





Haven't you thought about what she has been putting her family through since last year? For all I know, she probably was so caught up with the Black Friday frenzy that she totally forgot to make time to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for her husband and two young children. And her kids probably think their Mommy doesn't love them.


I don't wanna end up like her, so it ain't gonna happen.


Next year, if you or any of your conglomerate cronies announce that you all will have a pre-Black Friday sale on Thanksgiving day itself, then I think I might find a nice cave to live in so I could avoid society for the rest of my life.


Sincerely,



Barb the French Bean

6 comments:

  1. LOL!
    Discounts drive people crazy. Over here, people get like trampled to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Target is nuts! I can't stand that crazy lady commercial!

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the risk of sounding like a bitch, I don't think that woman has a family.

    I'm not sure who she is buying presents for, but whoever buys presents for *her* should buy her some valium, a bottle of tequila, and a pamphlet for the nearest Shopaholic Anonymous meeting. That bitch needs to calm down...

    P.S. The Captcha was "subtle"... I think Target should take that hint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those commercials.

    And since not working in retail, I never get ready for black friday. Screw that. I'd rather pay a more to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodie-Ann: I'm not surprised. There was even a Black Friday about three years ago when a Walmart employee was trampled to death under a glass door. The door had fallen upon him from the horde of shoppers that had knocked it down. None of them was capable of stopping their actions to help the man up...and possibly save his life.

    Gabriella: Me, neither, and I was lucky to have been spared of seeing her for over two years when I was shielded by living in France (no Targets in France)!

    Britt: Trust me, her friends would be doing her a service by having an intervention with her!

    Janice: Amen, sistah. Amen. If you are going to get up *that* early in the first place, it should at the very least be to leave for a flight on a nice vacation, imho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh! so glad I'm not on that side of the pond when I see ads like those! :o(

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb