Monday, December 26, 2011

A Re-Cap of French Bean's 2011

1) Celebrated the New Year in Dijon and went soldes shopping. Acquired new dresses.




3) Became an addict to Speculoos.


4) Celebrated 24th birthday. Co-workers gave me a nice birthday/going-away party.


5) Didn't want to leave France so tried to look for a job. Had three interviews; didn't get a job.


6) The post as a teaching assistant ended for good.


7) Went to Spain for two weeks to visit family and friends.


8) Went back to France for two weeks.


9) Had to leave France. Specifically, Dijon. Fell at the top of an escalator at the RER stop near the Orly airport (which took off a good chunk of skin from my right knee). Flew from Paris to Berlin, then Berlin to Miami. Have a nice scar from the fond memories of Paris's grand good-bye to me.


10) Went back to Miami.


11) Hated being in Miami so left to visit Coffee Bean in Orlando. Met Cool Guy there.


12) Went back to Miami.


13) Got depressed. Started emotionally binging on chocolate, chips and ice cream.


14) Went back to Orlando.


15) Started dating Cool Guy.


16) Went back to Miami.


17) Started long-distance relationship with Cool Guy.


18) Got depressed. Started emotionally binging on burgers, fries and shakes.


19) Started writing a novel.


20) Went back to Orlando. Spent time with Coffee Bean and Cool Guy.


21) Went back to Miami. Discovered that local supermarkets sell Speculoos.


22) Tried to look for a job, to no avail.


23) Got depressed. Started emotionally binging on cheese, breads, speculoos, speculoos and more speculoos.


24) Surprised to discover that I gained twenty pounds. Felt utterly disgusted that most of my hardwork went down the drain (and straight to my thighs).


25) Learned how to bake bread...sort of.


26) Had Thanksgiving with family. Binged on turkey, eggnog and coquito (Puerto Rican eggnog).


27) Went to Orlando to visit Coffee Bean and Cool Guy.


28) Got offered a job (via the internet) to be the Minister of Transport for Holland.


29) Broke up with Cool Guy.


30) Went back to Miami. Started eating salads and cucumbers.


31) Celebrated Christmas with the family.


32) I'm pretty much bored out of my mind.



The Stats:


Total number of Ex-boyfriends: 1


Total number of hours spent whining about wanting to go back to France: approximately 450 hours (and counting)


Total number of job interviews: 5


Total number of internet job offers: 1


Total number of real-world job offers: big, fat goose egg


Total number of pages written for novel: 184 (and counting)


Pounds that I need to lose: 45 (approx. 20,4 kilos)


All righty. Sorry that I didn't provide a nice cartoon with this blog post because, quite frankly, I'm just not up to it. Maybe I'll draw something later.



Nevermind. Here's a cartoon of a Kickass Ninja Squirrel.






So, dear readers, I wish you all a Bonne Année 2012! Here's to some more future blog posts!



Barb the French Bean

3 comments:

  1. Feliz Navidad and Bonne Année 2012 to you too ma chère!

    Speculos? Yummm... just discovered Hagen Dazs has speculoos ice cream!!! VERY Dangerous!!! :p

    I hope 2012 brings a job and fun and gets rid of the boredom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Cris. I wish you all the best for this New Year! :D

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, love the kick ass ninja squirrel. It made my day.....but any furry animal made up like a ninja is bound to make my day.

    Oh, and I just gor an email from some chick in South Africa that plans to send me $2.5 million dollars if I just wired her $1800, so when I get my moolah, I will share it with you - K?

    Here is to a wonderful 2012!!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb